This video discusses the science behind carbohydrate refeeds, changes in leptin levels and the impact on weight loss.
Can carbohydrate refeeds speed up your metabolism?
Do the changes in leptin levels promote faster weight loss?
– Leptin: a multifunctional hormone.
– Leptin: a review of its peripheral actions and interactions
– Natural bodybuilding competition preparation and recovery: a 12-month case study
– Revisiting leptin’s role in obesity and weight loss
– The role of falling leptin levels in the neuroendocrine and metabolic adaptation to short-term starvation in healthy men
– Body composition and endocrine profile of male Olympic athletes striving for leanness.
– Effect of fasting, refeeding, and dietary fat restriction on plasma leptin levels.
– Low-dose leptin reverses skeletal muscle, autonomic, and neuroendocrine adaptations to maintenance of reduced weight
– Role of leptin in the neuroendocrine response to fasting.
– Intermittent energy restriction improves weight loss efficiency in obese men: the MATADOR study.
– The role of leptin and ghrelin in the regulation of food intake and body weight in humans: a review
– Effects of short-term carbohydrate or fat overfeeding on energy expenditure and plasma leptin concentrations in healthy female subjects
– The Biology of Human Starvation